Ambassadors

Manvir Singh
Astro, Landscape, Macro

Born and raised in the city of Ludhiana (India), I developed my interest in photography at the age of 20. But before that too, I used to play with some small cameras often that were being used by my father at home. So at my 21st birthday, I got a new "point and shoot" camera gifted to me by my father.

Years passed and I shifted to an intermediate level Canon DSLR with all my savings from my earnings. Using that camera for clicking random things like macros, street and nature, I developed my interest immensely in landscape photography. I started finding my happiness in those beautiful sunset and sunrises and started capturing them through my lens. In all that, I shifted to Nikon in the year 2015 and as soon as I get Nikon D7100 camera, i got Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX II (11-16mm f/2.8) lens as well. This was the first time I started using ultra wide perspective lens. I literally fell in love with this lens and for almost 2 years I barely used any other lens in my kit. I went to several beautiful places in India like Ladakh, Triund, Varanasi and Barot valley and captured the scenic beauty of these places through this wide angle lens. During that time, I shifted to full frame camera (Nikon D750). People told me to get my lens changed and start shooting with other lenses. But i made some research and found that I could easily use my Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX II (11-16mm f/2.8) in FX mode at 15mm and 16mm. I started to giving it a chance. The lens turned out to be wonderful even in FX mode and i started loving my Tokina lens more.

Through the years, I got the chance to settle in Alberta near the Banff and Jasper national park which are the most beautiful national parks in the world. And my love for landscape photography has brought me to the next level while i am living near the Canadian rockies and capturing all the untouched beauty of these mountains. So far the date, I have been thankful to my Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX II (11-16mm f/2.8) that made me won several competitions and get me so many accolades including few of my pictures published in National Geographic magazine.

Using models