Ambassadors

João Pompeu
Astro, Landscape, Long Exposure, Street

João Pompeu was born in the Brazilian countryside in 1991 and started photographing in 2010 during his undergraduate course in Biology. At that time, the camera was merely used for registering plants, animals and their interactions on predation, pollination and habitat.

Since 2016, photography is not only a working tool on environmental fieldwork campaigns anymore, but also part of his daily life as artist and scientist. Nowadays, he specialized in fine art photography of landscapes, wildlife, astrophotography and on the sustainable interactions between humans and nature, which is also his main topic of scientific research.

He has been shooting with Tokina since December 2017, when bought Tokina AT-X 11-20 F2.8 PRO DX and Tokina AT-X 24-70 F2.8 PRO FX lenses.

"At that time, I've heard Tokina lenses were great and as a landscape photographer I wanted to try a wide angle lens. After reading a lot, I decided for Tokina AT-X 11-20 F2.8 PRO DX, which was perfect for my landscape and astro photos with an APS-C camera. I couldn't be happier with this wide and fast gear that me allowed shooting in many situations and to consider different perspectives and compositions. Complementary, the fast AT-X 24-70 F2.8 PRO FX zoom lens is excellent both for exploring details of the landscape and street photography, when versatility is important."

Using models