Gabriel Rodes
Architecture, Interior

I am a portrait and real estate photographer from the Dominican Republic. I was born in 1985 in the small town of Sosua that belongs to Puerto Plata province in my country. My father was a professional photographer and my mother was a Spanish literature teacher, but I hated photography at the beginning, so I studied piano for 2 years in a small school in 1995 (when I was 10 years old), and I loved it, but my family couldn't afford to buy me a piano so I had to abandon that dream.

Later, when I was in college studying for Graphic Design in 2006, I began to learn about photography and shooting for passion, but it was not until 2014, that I started to make a living from photography.

I have done hundreds of weddings and portraits of all kinds, but my passion is to shoot Real Estate / Architectural Photography which I started to grow in 2016 with a Tokina Lens. From 2016 to 2022 I've shot hundreds of beautiful high-end houses in the Dominican Republic and I continue learning to maximize my skills in this field. I am also the main photographer for the Dominican Republic Jazz Festival and here I am able to capture incredible moments with my Tokina wide-angle lens while enjoying the music that I've loved since I was 10 years old.

Nowadays, real estate photography represents 80% of my income thanks to the incredible quality of Tokina. I complement the other 20% with weddings, music concerts and corporate portraits.

In my free time I dedicate myself to learning new things or just to get better at things that I feel I need to. I am always inspired, I always want to do better than yesterday, everyday and also being with my beautiful family and I play the piano for them.

I hope you find some inspiration in my work and learn from it.

Using models